Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween Part I: Dia de los Muertos at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery

To celebrate Halloween Abel and Alisson and I decided to go to the Dia de los Muertos at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery before we went to the KCRW Masquerade Ball. We arrived around 7 pm, not realizing it was not enough time to see everything before we had to be at the ball ay 9 pm.

I had never heard of this event before.... so we had no idea how huge this event would be! It wa amazing... so many costumes, altars, performances, vendors, and decorations. It was aesthetically dense and visually intense.

Here is the article in the LA Weekly on the event:
http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/11th-annual-dia-de-los-muertos-at-hollywood-forever-cemetery-31716210/

We are definately planning on going back next year! And this time we are going early and in costume! Can't wait to layer black and white lace with red sashes and parasols!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment